I was pleasantly surprised when I woke this morning and discovered that Gwynn Rogers @ http://www.gwynnsgritandgrin.com nominated me for the Liebster Award. May sure started off with a bang for me, as the buzz of the AtoZ April Challenge hasn't worn off.
The award was given to Gwynn Rogers, and she in turn selected me. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, and I am thrilled to be a part of this tradition. Thank you Gwynn Rogers!
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.
5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.
11 Random Things about Myself
1. I am a shy person.
2. Don't talk to me unless I've had my morning coffee.
3. Cooking and baking are 2 of my favourite things to do.
4. I placed 2nd in the parish finals of the Jamaica National Reading Competition.
5. A Taurean with a very stubborn streak.
6. I love to write stories, mainly mysteries. Romance is difficult to write, but will happily
kill a character.
7. Listening to music relaxes me - reggae, calypso, soca, hip hop. Most music genres.
8. I started writing when I was about 6 or 7 years old.
9. Actively involved at my son's school as a class parent.
10. I am a Die Hard, James Bond, Indiana Jones fan. Big Time!
11. I am a HOGAHOLIC! Ham. bacon, chops...as long as it's pork. Is there a Hogaholic
1. Name three secrets you never told anyone.
If it's a secret, why should I tell it? I can't think of anything secretive anyway :)
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Have a drink, give my father and siblings money, and travel.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved, and goal
you have not achieved?
Writing full time and having my own blog are goals I achieved. I wanted to be a writer
years ago, but illness prevented that. Better late than never.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel? If so, where and why.
I intend to blog away when I'm too old to write :). I want to tour the U.K.
5. Favourite drink on a Friday night.
An iced cold bottle of Smirnoff Ice (red cap). I also like a glass of red wine.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with
a significant other is?
There has to be strong communication between couples. Spending quality time
together is vital, even a lunch or dinner date without the kids (if any) helps.
Caring, humorous, stubborn.
8. Home cooked meal or take-out?
I love to eat and try new foods at restaurants, usually on weekends.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was it about?
Ha! My last blog post was yesterday, when I posted my Z story for the AtoZ April
Challenge. I am proud to say I survived it. Love this question.
10. What do you think is the key to happiness?
Loving family, good friends and a positive attitude. Negativity kills happiness.
11. Who is your favourite poet and why?
Difficult question. I like Helen Steiner Rice, but there are too many to choose from.
My Liebster Nominations:
I have decided to nominate the following blogs:
1. Sara C. Snider http://www.saracsnider.com
2. Tony Payson http://welcome2thewritersbloc.blogspot.com
3. Tanya Miranda http://www.tanyamiranda.com
4. Tom MacInnes http://www.cobourgcobbie.com
5. Marci Koski http://www.fuzzyundertones.com
6. Cybele Moon http://www.cybeleshineblog.wordpress.com
7. Beloo Mehra http://www.letbeautybeyourconstantideal.blogspot.com
8. Pheno Menon http://www.throodalookingglass.com
9. Preethi Venugopal http://www.tulipsandme.blogspot.com
10. Eli Z http://www.expatliv.blogspot.com